- segment 1, Top of Mind — Blockchain: The Tokenization of Everything (0:00): Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies have been making headlines. Eric offers his theory that the underlying blockchain technology could revolutionize more than just money, but really much of human interaction.
- segment 2, Three Headlines & a Lie — Frogs (11:55) : Deron plays liar’s poker with Eric about the latest scientific discoveries in the Ranidae family.
- segment 3, Future File — Robot Muscle (25:08): Columbia engineers have created a low-power, 3D-printable muscle that represents a huge breakthrough in robot autonomy.
- segment 4, Dig Some More (31:00): Trapping CO2 in liquid form under the oceans. A note of optimism in doom predictions for our odds of crossing 1.5 degrees C above pre-industrial temperature averages. An Israeli-Chinese trade deal on artificial meat. Peter Thiel being considered for a top intelligence position by the White House. The FCC seeks to make America great again — by lowering the bar on what qualifies as “high-speed” internet.
- segment 1, Top of Mind — Twins! In! Spaaaaaaace! (0:00): NASA sent one twin into space, and kept the other on Earth. We’ll talk about what they learned from the brothers’ DNA.
- segment 2, If You Had To Choose — Recent Governmental Maneuvers (8:00): Trump’s FCC chair signals lack of interest in net neutrality. A federal magistrate rules that Google must turn over foreign emails to the FBI. And Congress rolls back environmental protection laws
- segment 3, Hope For Humanity — Swearing & Honesty (32:39):A University of Cambridge suggests those who use curse words tend to be more honest.
- segment 4, Let’s Dig Some More (36:52): Fukushima radiation has spiked dangerously, an alleged arsonist was trapped by his pacemaker data, and a Chinese factory has successfully replaced 90% of its human workers with robots.
Tweet us! Call us! Let us know what you think!