Podcast: Download (Duration: 1:07:32 — 94.2MB) | Embed
- segment 1, Top of Mind–Politics & Y Combinator (0:00): Sam Altman’s Bay Area incubator gets money from a wealthy Drumpf supporter, and they’ll disavow Drumpf, but not the supporter. Gizmodo things Altman should have to step down. What do we think?
- segment 2, Future File–Paging Dr. Chatbot (14:41): Increasingly, the medical industry will lean on technology to streamline the process of seeing your doctor. Kaiser Permanente is pushing further into virtual doctor visits, and China’s Baidu has created a medical chatbot.
- segment 3, Juris Prudent–Warranted Overreach? (30:38): The government wants to do whatever it can to avoid a technology stand-off like the one it faced with Apple over the San Bernadino terrorist case. To that end, they’ve begun writing warrants that pre-suppose the ability to force you to unlock your phone with your finger prints.
- segment 4, Total Recall–Climate Change All Fixed! (45:10 ): That global climate change world meeting we discussed last week? They reached an agreement! But, does it have teeth? Meanwhile, scientists have found a cheap and efficient way to remove CO2 from the air and turn it into fuel.
- segment 5, What’s Your Take?–Rewriting The Genetic Code of Life(52:49): Scientists are now taking the genetic modification to the lowest biological building blocks, giving them the ability to manipulate… pretty much anything. Should we apply these capabilities to agriculture? To medicine? To how we reproduce?
Tweet @DigitalDeron or @efader with your opinions, or give us a call and leave a voice message at 323.686.8255.